Excellent vet! Affordable
Congratulations on your new addition and welcome to Hakuna Matata Veterinary Clinic!
- 8 weeks- Vaccination against Feline Herpes Virus, Feline Calici Virus and Feline Panleukopenia virus
- 12 weeks-Vaccincation against Feline Herpes Virus, Feline Calici Virus, Feline Panleukopenia virus and Rabies
- 1- 6 months after this they require a Rabies booster
- There is the option of vaccinating your feline friend against Feline Leukemia Virus
- This is a virus spread by socializing with other cats- commensal grooming, fights, sharing food bowls etc
It is quite an expensive vaccine- hence the reason for not including it in the core vaccines
- We only need to vaccinate high risk candidates
- We recommend to neuter/spay all cats at the age of 6 months
- Due to the fact that cats can roam, it is better to sterilize them sooner than later to prevent those unwanted litters
- We offer reasonable prices to encourage owners to get that done, as we do a lot of welfare work and there is a large numer of unwanted cats/kittens desperately looking for homes
- We recommend deworming all outdoor/ semi- indoor cats every 3 months
- Exclusively indoor cats every 6 months
Fleas And Ticks:
- Cats make the best “flea taxis” so please use flea control all year round, even if you do not see any fleas on your cat
- Cats groom themselves a lot so that makes it more difficult to determine if your cat has fleas
- AND REMEMBER- the flea must jump on the animal to die- so if you see fleas on your cat- please do not make the assumption that the product you are using is not working
- Make sure that the product you use is being applied correctly according to instructions and at the recommended interval
- Please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff members about more information on this
- We highly recommend to have your cat microchipped
- Cats have a tendency to get lost or get into situations that they cannot get out of – so if they are microchipped- we are most likely to be able to reunite you with your feline friend!
It is important that you feed your kitten a good quality diet to aid in their growth and development. We recommend that you feed your kitten 3 times daily until 6 months and thereafter twice daily.
We recommend that you put your kitten on Pet Insurance, in some cases having pet insurance for your pet can mean the difference between life and death. Think about if your kitten were to ever be involved in an accident and the bill amounted to R20,000; would you be able to afford that?